Monday 17 June 2013

Barcelona Loves Children

One very nice thing struck me about Barcelona.

Back home in Canada, I sometimes feel like I have to excuse myself for existing in public with a child. There are family friendly places, of course, but that means there are also plenty of non child friendly places. If my toddler decides to protest in public, I may receive a glare.

Barcelona is somewhat different. Okay, it's AMAZING. If your kid has a meltdown, people will actually try to help you, and they will even give you sympathetic looks. Its almost as though it's everyone's job to help you raise your little monkey. I was most impressed with the men who are eager to talk and coo over a child.  I was not expecting that, but Barcelona is really a great place to travel with a child.

We really hope to be back, and I think the Adorable Son does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment