Tuesday 9 April 2013

Delayed Departure

April 8th was supposed to be the big exciting day that we left for Europe and all our glorious adventures began.
*surprise*  Things did not pan out that way.

Our glorious adventures began a little differently. They began with constipation.

Our bags were in the car, tickets and passports ready, when my son's body announced that we were not going to be getting anywhere near a plane. No one would want us near their plane anyhow. Poor lad.

So, hours before the flight was scheduled to depart, we made the final decision to delay the trip and stay in Montreal for another week. I guess this is a perfect example of travelling with a toddler. Stay flexible, because your schedule is only an illusion. The kid comes first.

Now, while I may not really have the right to complain, I mean, this is all a pretty fabulous opportunity, and I am incredibly lucky, I still just want to mourn the sad part. I had reserved a spot at the Reggio Emilia conference on early childhood education in Italy, and would no longer be able to attend or meet up with one of my best friends in Florence.

The excellent news is that my son is doing much better and has been pooping very successfully since that evening.
TMI?
If you a parent, it's basically a conversation starter. If you are not a parent....wrong blog.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to miss the Reggio Emilia conference Andrea, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad I wasn't able to meet you in Florence and tell everyone "Oh you know, I went to Florence for a day to hang out with Andrea and co. because we are fabulous that way".

    But, swift pooping is also something I cherish so, I am really happy for Adrian.

    ReplyDelete